Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC EOS/CA Specifications
Product ID: #SY14M-C
Compatibility: analog/digital limited (dumb mount only allowing for aperture priority or manual modes)
Diagonal Angle of View: 115.7°
Minimum Aperture: F22
Number of Aperture Blades: 6
Minimum Distance: 28cm
Filter Thread: none (see Additional Information)
Maximum Diameter: 87mm
Focus Type: internal focus mechanism, manual focus only
Full Focus Throw: ~240°
Lens Hood: built-in, flower shaped
Tests: PhotoZone tested on EOS 50D
and on EOS 5D Mark II;
PopPhoto Measurements for the ProOptic rebadge (Nikon mount): 14.6mm F2.87 at 1:12.08, focus throw of 220°
- Rebadges are available from
Walimex (click to compare).
- In 01.2014 Samyang introduced the SFH-14 Filter Holder (180x168x45mm, 115g, made of ABS). It comes with a built-in lens hood and offers 2 filter slots, that accept a special blend of dedicated Cokin filters.
These filters (161x139x3mm, 130g) are available: 154 ND8, 121M ND4 (graduated gray) and 123s (graduated blue).
- Lee Filters offer the SW150 Mark II (Mark I is not compatibe!).
- Haida offers the dedicated HD3207 Full Metal 150 Filter Holder. It can take two filters of 150x100mm. Using 2 filters will result in vignetting though.
- The AE (Auto Exposure) version of the lens is #SYAE14M-C.
- Samyang further sell a V-DSLR version of this lens.